New to Woolley’s Warriors?
- Woolley’s Warriors was launched in August 2019.
- The initiative hopes to conquer diabetes with support and awareness for young athletes living every day with Type 1, with the goal of sending kids to Diabetes Canada D-Camps and to ultimately connect those living with diabetes.
- The blue circle found in the WW28 logo is the universal symbol for diabetes which signifies the unity of the global diabetes community.
- Woolley’s Warriors hosted the first WW28 Night with the Owen Sound Attack on November 9, 2019, raising over $2500 and 10 full boxes of items for Diabetes Canada.
- Mark Woolley has met, and continues to meet with young fans and athletes living with diabetes.
- Woolley was diagnosed with Type 1 at the age of 12, while his older brother, Matt, has had diabetes since birth giving the Woolley parents the foundation to notice the same symptoms in their youngest son.
- Woolley draws inspiration from former Guelph Storm captain Garrett McFadden and his nonprofit McFadden’s Movement, in addition to Montreal Canadiens forward and fellow diabetic Max Domi.
Learn more about Mark and Woolley’s Warriors here.
Connect with Woolley’s Warriors on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.