New to Woolley’s Warriors?
- Woolley’s Warriors was launched in August 2019.
- The initiative hopes to conquer diabetes with support and awareness for young athletes living every day with Type 1, with the goal of sending kids to Diabetes Canada D-Camps and to ultimately connect those living with diabetes.
- The blue circle found in the WW28 logo is the universal symbol for diabetes which signifies the unity of the global diabetes community.
- Woolley’s Warriors hosted the first WW28 Night with the Owen Sound Attack on November 9, 2019, raising over $2500 and 10 full boxes of items for Diabetes Canada.
- Mark Woolley has met, and continues to meet with young fans and athletes living with diabetes.
- Woolley was diagnosed with Type 1 at the age of 12, while his older brother, Matt, has had diabetes since birth giving the Woolley parents the foundation to notice the same symptoms in their youngest son.
- Woolley draws inspiration from former Guelph Storm captain Garrett McFadden and his nonprofit McFadden’s Movement, in addition to Montreal Canadiens forward and fellow diabetic Max Domi.